Residents providing care
If you provide care and/or support to another person or persons in your home, then you may be entitled to a discount.
The person you are caring for must be receiving one of the following:
- An Attendance Allowance
- A higher or middle rate of the care component of a disability living allowance
- An increase in constant attendance allowance under the industrial injuries or war pensions scheme
- The highest rate of constant attendance allowance payable on top of full rate disablement benefit paid for an industrial injury
- The standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of personal independence payment
And that you as the carer:
- Are a resident in the same dwelling as the person you are caring for.
- Are providing care for at least 35 hours a week
- Are not the partner of the person being cared
- Are not the parent of the child you are caring for under the age of 18