Council Tax discounts

Residents providing care

If you provide care and/or support to another person or persons in your home, then you may be entitled to a discount.

The person you are caring for must be receiving one of the following:

  • An Attendance Allowance
  • A higher or middle rate of the care component of a disability living allowance
  • An increase in constant attendance allowance under the industrial injuries or war pensions scheme
  • The highest rate of constant attendance allowance payable on top of full rate disablement benefit paid for an industrial injury
  • The standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of personal independence payment 

And that you as the carer:

  • Are a resident in the same dwelling as the person you are caring for.
  • Are providing care for at least 35 hours a week
  • Are not the partner of the person being cared 
  • Are not the parent of the child you are caring for under the age of 18  

Contact Council Tax Team

Address: City Hall
Beaumont Fee

Telephone: 01522 873355