Health warnings and labelling
- Consumer Protection Act 1987
- Standardised Packaging of Tobacco Products Regulations 2015
- Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPRs)
Shisha tobacco products must be labelled like other more traditional tobacco products such as cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco.
Packaging that the Shisha is supplied in must display the following:
- “Smoking kills – quit now”
- “Tobacco smoke contains over 70 substances known to cause cancer"
- “Get help to stop smoking at www.nhs.uk/quit"
- There must also be a combined health warning with text warning and picture” on the front and back of the packaging.
If you are selling ‘loose’ Shisha or in small packets, in a bowl or pipe, you still need to comply. This may be overcome by displaying the warnings and pictures on the Shisha menu or when the customer makes their order.
For more information and advice contact Trading standards.