Health and Safety



  • Licensing Act 2003

The sale of alcohol (at any time) and the provision of late night refreshment (providing hot food or hot drinks between 11pm and 5am) are licensable activities and require a Premises Licence.

Premises Licence may also be required if activities such as the provision of Live and Recorded Music are taking place (dependent on time, audience numbers and whether amplified/unamplified).

If you intend to provide either of these latter activities you are advised to contact the Lincoln City Council Licensing Department for guidance or seek independent legal advice.

Planning often put restrictions on opening hours on planning permission. You cannot increase your opening hours by having a late night refreshment licence.