Business Support due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There is a package of measures available through City of Lincoln Council to support businesses through the period of disruption caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Restart Grants - Government Mandatory Scheme
From 1 April 2021 a new Restart grant will be available to help businesses to reopen. This replaces the current funding schemes and will be a one-off grant.
Non-essential retail businesses with a rates account will receive between £2667 and £6,000 per premises depending on rateable value.
Hospitality & leisure (including personal care and gyms) businesses with a rates account will receive between £8,000 and £18,000 per premises depending on rateable value.
Full guidance for this scheme is available here: Restart Grant: guidance for local authorities (publishing.service.gov.uk)
The City of Lincoln Council will be in touch directly with businesses that have previously applied for funding, that we believe to eligible for this grant scheme.
If you have had applied for and received a grant from us through previous schemes since November, you do not need to make an application, we will be in touch with you directly if we believe your business is eligible for this grant scheme.
If you think your business is eligible, and has not received grant payments, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for Restart Grant applications is Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - Discretionary Grants
The ARG Scheme is now closed.
If you think your business is eligible and has not received grant payments contact us at email@example.com
Business Revival Grant Fund
Update: Demand for this scheme has been high. The fund is now fully subscribed and a reserve list has been created. The fund has now closed to further enquiries and current applications will be assessed for eligibility. If funds remain or additional funding can be made available after the assessment of the initial cohort, those on the reserve list will be invited to apply. Businesses enquiring through the link for this scheme will be notified directly of the status of their enquiry.
City of Lincoln Council is pleased to announce the launch of a new Business Revival Grant Fund to support businesses to reopen, recover and prosper.
A total of £500,000 has been ring-fenced to support businesses through this scheme, with funding from the Additional Restrictions Grant.
This is the latest initiative in a programme of support to assist businesses to respond to the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic. This support is in addition to the Restart Grants and previous Local Restrictions Support Grant.
Businesses can apply for up to £5,000 to help them to adapt, diversify and to support long-term sustainability.
The types of measures that could be supported include:
- 1-2-1 specialist advice to address immediate needs in response to Covid-19 – e.g. digital or sector specialists
- Purchase of equipment to adapt business processes – e.g. sanitising stations or equipment to support movement of business activities outside
- To adopt new technology to deliver or diversify business activities – e.g. ecommerce platforms, contactless payments, hardware/software to support remote working
- To develop or purchase new environmentally-friendly products or energy-efficient equipment that will reduce waste and promote the transition to a low carbon economy.
Please note that these schemes are no longer open for applications. The application windows closed on 31 March 2021 or 31st May 2021, depending on the grant scheme.
Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses mandated to close due to the national and local lockdown periods:Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses mandated to close due to the national and local lockdown periods:
- 5 November to 1 December 2020 (National)
- 2 December to 30 December 2020 (Tier 3)
- 31 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 (Tier 4)
- 5 January 2021 – 15 February 2021(National)
- 16 February 2021 – 31st March 2021 (National)
- Closed Business Lockdown Grant (one off)
- Additional Restrictions Grant for businesses mandated to close or severely impacted by the national and local restrictions for the above periods.
Other Support Schemes (links to external gov.uk websites):
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Paying sick pay to employees
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- If you cannot pay your tax bill on time
- Business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Business rates holiday - nursery discount
- Self Employment Income Support Scheme