In this area of the site you will be able to find out about how tax is set, what your Council Tax is spent on, ways to pay your Council Tax and discounts that you may be entitled to.
Need help with Council Tax? Choose one of the following:
- I want to pay my Council Tax online
- I want to set up a direct debit
- I am struggling to pay my Council Tax
- I am moving house
- I want to know how much I will pay
- I want to apply for a discount or exemption
- I want to know what happens if I don’t pay my Council Tax
If you need something other than the above check out the pages below.
Find out how to pay your Council Tax as well as ways we can help.
Find out how we calculate your Council Tax based on a number of valuation bands.
We offer several discounts and exemptions that could reduce your Council Tax bill. Find out more here.
We may take legal action against you if you have not paid or are overdue with your Council Tax payments.
Your tax is used to provide a wide range of services within your city, find out more here.
Council Tax is a tax set by the council to help pay for local services.