Council Tenants Support
The City of Lincoln Council has announced Rent Free Weeks and a Discretionary Rental Hardship Payment Fund to support those most vulnerable in the city.
Rent Free Weeks
We have made the decision to bring forward rent free weeks for those eligible for the 2020/2021 financial year.
- The rent free weeks will now be 6 April and 13 April 2020 instead of over the Christmas and New Year period
- Housing Benefit will be adjusted accordingly and if tenants pay by direct debit they will have a clear rent account by the end of March 2021
- Tenants on full payment of Universal Credit are advised to continue to pay as normal
If you have any further queries regarding the rent free weeks please email email@example.com
Discretionary Rental Hardship Payment Fund
City of Lincoln Council has introduced a Discretionary Rental Hardship Payment Fund to support tenants whose income has been directly affected by the coronavirus outbreak and will therefore struggle to meet their rental obligations.
- The rental hardship payments will be a one off payment made directly to tenant’s rent accounts.
Before You Start
Please include the following information:
- Your name
- A contact telephone number
- A summary of your circumstances
Apply by Email
You can apply for the Discretionary Rental Hardship Fund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next?
- Someone from the City of Lincoln Council will contact you to go through your application by telephone
- Please note that all applications will be assessed within 14 days
- If your application is approved, payments will be credited to rent accounts from 20 April 2020.