Privacy notices for services

Financial Services privacy notice

To be able to serve you effectively City of Lincoln Council need to be able to collect, hold and use your personal data.

Financial Services

Financial Services (for the purpose of this notice) consists of the following services: Treasury Management, Debtors, Creditors and Income Management.

How we use your personal information

City of Lincoln Council are what is known as the ‘controller’ of the data you provide and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.

We take your privacy seriously and laws state that we must use your personal data:

  • fairly, lawfully and be open with you about how we use it
  • for a particular purpose and we must not do anything with your data which is not compatible with this
  • keep your data accurate and delete any inaccuracies without delay
  • obtain from you only the data which is necessary
  • keep your data only for as long as necessary (the previous six financial years plus the current year)
  • store your data safely and securely

We are processing your personal data for the purposes of administering financial services, to perform our official functions in accordance with the Local Government Act 1972.

What personal data do we collect from you?

We collect and use your personal data for the purposes of recording payments made by you or made to you. This is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfil our statutory obligations and responsibilities. This includes the use of data such as;

  • your name
  • your address
  • Any vulnerabilities you may have
  • notes about any relevant circumstances that you have told us about

What legal reason do we have for using your data?

To record details of payments made by you or made to you - HMRC - Compliance Handbook Manual CH15400

Who might we share your personal information with?

We may share your information with other sections of City of Lincoln Council and the following third parties where necessary:

  • HMRC
  • Audit Commission

How can I access the personal information you hold about me?

You have the right to request access to your information, to request that it be rectified if incorrect, to object to or restrict its processing and to its erasure in certain circumstances. 

If you want to know more about your rights relating to the personal information we hold about you or you have a complaint regarding the way we have handled your personal information please contact our Data Protection Officer.

If however you remain unhappy, then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner.

Contact our Data Protection Officer

Address: Data Protection Officer
City Hall
Beaumont Fee

Contact the Information Commissioner

If you are unhappy about our decision and remain unhappy, then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner.

Address: Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Telephone: 0303 123 1113