Your right to access your data
You have the right to receive from us confirmation as to what your data is being used for and to obtain access to your data, including being provided with copies of this. You also have the right to receive, the information you should be given in a privacy notice.
However information may be withheld from you if it contains;
- confidential information about other people or
- information that a qualified health professional considers will cause serious harm to you or someone else’s physical or mental wellbeing if provided to you or
- information we consider that providing to you, would stop us from preventing or detecting a crime
- training and employment references written by us
- management forecasts such as plans for redundancy
- negotiations which show someone else’s position in a dispute
- legal advice given to us or someone else
If your request is made electronically we should provide the response to you in a commonly used electronic format for example word or pdf. We should also where possible provide access to a secure self-service system which gives you direct access to your data, for example our online accounts systems for council tax and benefits.